I’m reminded once again that conflict and drama make popular blog topics. Therefore, I feel it’s time for me to announce my newest project, an unauthorized anthology of Twilight fiction titled Fuschia Eclipse.1
The project will be published by Penguin Droppings, a revolutionary new self-publishing branch of Penguin.2 Publishing is changing, and it’s time to do away with the gatekeepers of traditional publishing and make way for the new millennium!
I had originally hoped to be able to pay contributors a token rate of 1/20th of a cent per word3, but after reviewing the Penguin Droppings contract, it turns out contributors will end up owing me $500 per story. However, they will all receive one contributor copy and Valuable Exposure!
I’ll only be inviting white male authors for this volume.4 5 But I want to assure everyone I’m neither sexist nor racist. I don’t see race or gender; all I care about is the story! It’s not my fault the only truly great literature comes from white penises!
I’m already working on the cover art. I’m thinking something tabloid-style, maybe Jacob Black fighting some vampire raccoons and zombie bunnies?6 All I know is that, for marketing purposes, Jacob will be portrayed by a pale blond kid.7
- Russet Moon Summary - http://blog.fanhistory.com/?p=532 ↩
- See Jackie Kessler’s posts on the Harlequin self-publishing fiasco - http://www.jackiekessler.com/blog/ ↩
- Short fiction pay rate conversation - http://jimhines.livejournal.com/479488.html ↩
- Mammoth Anthology of Mindblowing SF - http://www.sfsignal.com/archives/2009/08/toc-the-mammoth-book-of-mindblowing-sf-edited-by-mike-ashley/ ↩
- Publishers Weekly’s Top 10 Books of 2009 - http://jimhines.livejournal.com/475502.html ↩
- Zombie Rabbit Cover of Doom - http://jimhines.livejournal.com/469403.html ↩
- White-washed cover of Justine Larbalestier’s Liar - http://justinelarbalestier.com/blog/2009/07/23/aint-that-a-shame/ ↩
Mirrored from Jim C. Hines.